Chocolate and Clay Experience
The Dominican Republic is the number one exporter of organic cocoa in the world. Our tour will take us to the old sugar plains of north Santo Domingo; once part of the biggest plantation of the Caribbean, now a free spirited and cultural haven where a cluster of independent local farmers grow cocoa according to the highest standards of Fair Trade and Organic Certification. The trip will continue at the Guillen brothers farm/atelier where you will see red colored earth turn into gods and history of an indigenous past. You will enjoy a meal cooked outdoors with your choice of Dominican beers and cacao wine.
- Tour Type: Cultural
- Available: Every day except on Holly week and Dec. 24 & 25
- Location: Yamasa
- Includes: Transport, Guide, lunch, snack
- Languages: English, French, German and Spanish
- Capacity: 200 pax.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Options for the disabled: Not Available
- Min. Age: 8 Max. Age: 75
- Duration:6 hours
- Recommendations: Comfortable shoes and cloths, Sunscreen and insect repellent